As a homeowner in Canada, you know that having a reliable furnace is important. Not only does a furnace keep your home warm during the cold winter months, but it can also impact your energy efficiency in more ways than one.

High-efficiency furnaces are designed to use less energy than traditional ones, which can help you save money on your energy bills. They also produce fewer emissions, which is better for the environment.

With that in mind, there are many types of furnaces out there, and it can be tough to know which one is right for your home. But don’t worry, we’re here to help. In this article, we’ll break down the different types of furnaces so you can make an informed decision.

What are the Different Types of Furnaces?

Natural Gas and Propane

Natural gas and Propane are very similar type of fuels. They typically use the same type of equipment, with small modifications to allow the burn process to happen correctly.

Natural gas and propane furnaces are the most popular and common type of furnaces used in homes today. Natural gas and propane are considered a clean-burning fuel, so it won’t pollute the air in your home. One of its biggest appeals, of course, is that they can come with an average AFUE (annual fuel utilization efficiency) rating of 95%. That means 95% of the heat produced by the furnace is used to heat your home, and the other 5% is lost up the chimney or through other means.


Electric furnaces are not one of the most popular types of furnaces available. They are great because they don’t produce any harmful emissions. Electric furnaces can be quieter, making them a good choice for homes people who are sensitive to noise.

One drawback of electric furnaces is that they can cost more to operate than other types of furnaces. They also may not be able to heat your home as quickly as a gas or oil furnace.

The Bottom Line: Choosing the Right Furnace For Your Home

Choosing the right furnace for your home can be a daunting task. There are so many factors to consider, from the size of your home to your budget. But with a little research, you can find the perfect furnace for your needs.If you need an experienced, knowledgeable, and trustworthy air conditioning company, you’ve come to the right place. At 4 Seasons Home Comfort, we have the tools, experience, expertise, and resources to provide you with the fastest, most efficient, and highest-quality air conditioning repairs and AC installation services in Lethbridge.